If you want to be able to borrow materials for free, you need to register with the BCU Lausanne. The card you will get will also allow you to use the Vaud library network Renouvaud.
Cards that are valid or that must be validated:
- A card from a library belonging to the RERO, NEBIS or BiblioPass network is valid for borrowing materials from the BCU Lausanne without further formalities if you have borrowed BCUL materials in the last 4 years. Otherwise you need to register but can keep using your card.
- The UNIL Campus Card can be validated as a library card: first, validate your Campus Card for the current semester at a validation station, then go to the circulation desk to have your membership approved
Renouvaud (network of Libraries on the Canton de Vaud)
Those aged 14 or over and fulfilling one of the following criteria can register for free (with certain exceptions) with one of the network’s libraries:
- Swiss residents
- UNIL, EPFL, HEP or Gymnase Provence employees, teaching staff and students
- Students who are taking a course at UNIL or EPFL which is coordinated with other universities
- Swiss citizens residing abroad
- Cross-border workers in paid employment in the canton de Vaud
Identity documents accepted
- A valid Swiss identity card or passport; for Swiss citizens residing abroad, a reference address or proof of a secondary residence in Switzerland is also required
- A current residence permit of the B, C, F, G, L or N categories which is valid for at least three months from the library registration date; L permits must be accompanied by proof of studies or internship on headed paper while G permits must be accompanied by proof of residence or employment on headed paper
- A library card from another Swiss network (e.g. IDS) along with a valid ID
- A UNIL Campus Card, EPFL or HEP student card
- A certificate of study from the HES-SO, for foreign students at the HES-SO
By registering, I am aware of the required identity documents and I accept the libraries’ loan conditions and conditions of use.
Once you have filled in the pre-registration form, go to the circulation desk to have your membership approved and receive your library card. Pre-registration must be confirmed within 30 days by bringing a valid photo identity document at one of the network’s libraries.
Managing your account
In your Vaud network account, you can view your status (materials borrowed and due dates, pending requests and reservations), renew a loan or update your personal details. All operations related to your account can also be carried out at the circulation desk.
Forgot your password?
You can present your library card at the circulation desk to choose a new password. Passwords are never given over the telephone, by email or to third parties.
To keep your account information safe, log out each time you leave the page.