Loan of BCUL materials
- From the desk: free
- Postal loan of printed document: rate of CHF 13 per title (rate standardised between all major Swiss libraries)
- Overdue fines: CHF 0.20 per day per document
- Fines are incurred from the first day overdue
Inter-library loans and copies of articles (rate charged to user for each request fulfilled).
Materials from other libraries
Material borrowing for BCUL users
- Material from a RERO library: CHF 3
- Materials from other networks or other Swiss libraries depend on the rates charged to the BCUL: between CHF 3 and CHF 12 (e.g. libraries in IDS German-speaking network: CHF 12) This rate also applies to inter-library loans provided by EPF Lausanne (and associated specialist libraries), however it is possible to visit the EPFL library and borrow documents directly.
- Material from a foreign library: actual costs billed (fees owed to the loaning library and return costs). At least CHF 40
Copies of articles for BCUL users
CHF 5 per article up to 20 pages + CHF 5 per additional 20 pages. Payment on collection from circulation desk.
Uncollected inter-library loan
Additional fee of CHF 10 per material
Lost material or card
- Cost of replacement document
- + CHF 70 fee for purchase, incorporation and preparation
- + any overdue fine
Lost library card
- Cost of replacement: CHF 10 (free for cards issued before January 2009)
Cost per booking for non- BCUL and non-UNIL events (canton of Vaud discount: 50%)
- Conference room 511 (40 seats): CHF 200 / day
- Cinespace room (15 seats) and training room (18 seats): CHF 185 / day
Half-day rates are not available.